Sunday, June 9, 2013

Book Review: Ghost Time by Courtney Eldridge

Title: Ghost Time
Author: Courtney Eldridge
Publisher: Amazon Children’s Publishing
Publishing Date: 6/11/2013
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Mystery, romance
Rating: 4.5/5

In this, the first book of her new series, Courtney Eldridge writes about a girl facing the troubles of finding her missing boyfriend.

Thea has never been popular. So when Cam, a senior asks her out, she’s shocked. But that feeling is nothing compared to how she feels when Cam goes missing. Now trying to track down her missing boyfriend, Thea struggles through her everyday life. But that isn’t very easy when somebody starts posting videos of her and mysterious things occur at the school she attends.

Life is different without Cam. Desperately hunting for clues, Thea’s whole world has been destroyed. And when an unexpected turn of events occurs, Thea learns the truth about Cam’s past, a truth that had changed his life. But throughout this all, the main problem is consistent and shines through: Will Thea ever find Cam?

My favorite character in this book is Thea. Thea has always been the shy girl. That is, before Cam came. Now when she is finally fitting in and he goes missing, everything is thrown into disarray. While hunting for her missing boyfriend, and having to deal with the FBI and lawyers over her strange predicament, there is too much occurring in Thea’s life to cope with. But it is only when Thea realizes the truth about Cam, that this chain of events make sense.

When I first picked up this book, I knew this was definitely not my cup of tea. I usually don’t read romance/mystery books. So when I first picked up the book I wasn’t too excited. But after reading the first couple of pages I realized that this book was better than I had originally expected.

To me, the best part of this story is how Thea’s whole journey is mixed with details of Cam’s disappearance and how she is dealing with her life because of said disappearance. This makes the book seem as if it is nothing but romance but in reality, it isn’t. Instead, it shows how Thea’s character is developing because of the sudden change in her life.

In this book, the chapters were alternating present life and flashbacks. I thoroughly enjoyed the flashbacks because it helped me get to know the characters better and helped me understand what was actually happening. Though it took a while to get used to, having the flashbacks mixed in with the present day story was interesting and completely unexpected.


Read the book Ghost Time by Courtney Eldridge, a mystery/romance. I recommend this book to teens because of the language. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...