Sunday, February 13, 2011

Book Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I Would Have to Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls)Title: I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I Would Have to Kill You
Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Genre: Romantic, Fiction
Pages: 284
Rating: 9.5/10
“I go to a school of spies. Of course, technically, the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a school for geniuses---not spies---and we’re free to pursue any career that befits our exceptional education.”
This excerpt is from the book ‘I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I Would Have to Kill You’ and is thought by Cammie, Cameron Morgan. Cammie goes to Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. But Gallagher Academy isn’t a regular academy; it’s a school for spies. And at Gallagher Academy they are trained to do things far harder then everyday things. As a spy Cammie will go on missions, but will she experience her biggest mission when she falls in love?

Living the life of a spy isn’t easy. Nobody can know you’re a spy, and everybody thinks that Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is an academy for snobby rich kids. Including her first boyfriend. Things are complicated. Josh doesn’t know who Cammie really is. And Cammie isn’t even allowed to have this relationship. Nobody besides Cammie’s roommates know about this.

“If I’m ever on a mission, I want Bex beside me, and Liz far, far away, with about a dozen computers and a chessboard."
This is thought by Cammie.

This excerpt describes my favorite characters in this book, Liz and Bex.

Liz, Elizabeth Sutton is one of Cammie’s roommates, and the brainy one. She is usually the one who is the look out and the one who gives all the information for the plans to be carried out. In their adventures Liz, Cammie, Bex (roommate), and Macey (also another roommate) are together trying to keep each other safe. Bex, short for Rebecca Baxter, is the energetic one. She likes to do spy missions like Cammie, and is the type that is up for killing a guy with her bare hands (if that person was a bad guy).

This is the first book of the Gallagher Girl series. After this there are so far 3 more books in this series. ‘Cross My Heart And Hope to Spy’, ‘Don’t Judge A Girl By Her Cover’, and ‘Only The Good Spy Young’.

This is the second Ally Carter book I have read. From what I have read so far, Ally Carter is a great writer. She includes a bit of romance in each book, but on the whole, the books she writes are full of adventures. I recommend this book and its series to anybody who likes some good romance and adventure.

Will Cammie’s relationship with Josh go well? Read ‘I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I Would Have to Kill You’ and find out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...