Thursday, September 1, 2016

Book Release: Heartborn by Terry Maggert (+Interview)

Title: Heartborn
Author: Terry Maggert
Genre: Young Adult, Fiction

Goodreads Blurb: 
Her guardian angel was pushed.

Keiron was never meant to be anything other than a hero. Born high above in a place of war and deception, he is Heartborn, a being of purity and goodness in a place where violence and deceit are just around every corner.

His disappearance will spark a war he cannot see, for Keiron has pierced the light of days to save a girl he has never met, for reasons he cannot understand. Livvy Foster is seventeen, brave, and broken. With half a heart, she bears the scars of a lifetime of pain and little hope of survival.

Until Keiron arrives.

In the middle of a brewing war and Livvy’s failing heart, Keiron will risk everything for Livvy, because a Heartborn’s life can only end in one way: Sacrifice.

Fall with Livvy and Keiron as they seek the truth about her heart, and his power, and what it means to love someone who will give their very life to save you.

Today's the day Heartborn by Terry Maggert releases! 
Happy Book Birthday!

Author Interview
1.       Describe your book in less than 5 words.
One heart. Two people.
2.       What inspired you to write your novel?
A dream. I woke up and immediately started writing the details of a girl with half a heart, and a boy who fell through time and clouds to save her. The fact that he had wings just sort of happened, but that might be due to my enormous coffee intake. I get a little twitchy late at night when I do my best writing.
3.       What’s your favorite thing about being a writer?
Meeting readers and talking about books. I love everything about books-- their feel, the smell, the way they make me feel in my mind, and emotionally-- I have relationships with specific books that go back to my childhood. That kind of commitment is serious, and it isn't going to change. Every week I find a new writer who has a book that makes me sit quietly and walk through their imagination. It's an incredibly powerful sensation.
4.       What book are you currently reading? Thoughts?
I'm re-reading "Elevation of the Marked" by March MCCarron because the third book comes out soon. It's excellent-- think of two worlds (East and West) meeting in a place where magic is real but the people seem like we might know them. It's one of those little gems that I found through a writer friend, and it's fantastic.
5.       What is one YA book you recommend (besides yours)?
Keeper: The Book of Aon by K.M. Higginbotham. It's a modern fable with everything I like-- a warrior princess, an unknown evil, and two worlds crossing with one person trying to save them both.
6.       Any words to readers/bloggers/aspiring writers? 
Readers: no advice, but my undying thanks. Bloggers: the very same-- thank you for your passion about books. You make my life better.
Now, to writers: I think that the the biggest surprise of a writer's life is the first time someone tells them they're emotionally invested in a character you've written. It's surreal, and it made me realize that no matter what, I was going to do three things every day:
1. Write. No matter what, even if it's a sentence, I write. It might be good, or bad, or indifferent, but it's there, and in time-- you have a book. Then you have three, and then? Ten.
2. Don't be afraid to admit I'm wrong. It's AWFUL to have to say, "That doesn't work". And yet-- since I began that policy, my books have gotten better and better.
3. Connect. Look, the day I'm too busy to thank someone for reading is the day I failed. I meet wonderful people at every signing, and I'll never forget the reason why I'm there. I love-- and I mean love-- writing. The only thing I enjoy more (other than my family) is reading. I'm thankful for the people like me, and take time each day to let them know.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...